Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Streak.

Here is an opportunity to test my own resolve.  Running World had an interesting article called "The Streaker".  It posed the simple questions, "Could I run EVERY day for a whole year? Well, could you?"  This got my mediocre competitive spirit up.  Could I run a minimum of a mile daily for say a month?  I think I found myself a suitable challenge for the next 30 days.  I will log at least a mile of running daily for the next 30 days.  Starting tomorrow April 21st.  This isn't one of those virtual races or anything that has the potential for reward.  It is just me challenging myself to do something that I don't think I have ever done before.  The dude in the article kept it up for a full year.  I am not so inclined currently, but who knows.  These will likely be all road miles too as I do not own a treadmill, nor do I have an active gym membership.  Game on.  Tomorrow morning at the crack of early be it: rain, sleet, snow (I live in MN remember any one of the 3 are an option in any month except July) or a beautiful day.  I will be out the door for a run.  Want to follow suit? Go for it.  Blog it. Sky write it. Keep it as your own secret.  I for one will probably keep my sporadic postings about it, but hey you are not me and I am not you.  Who knows what my small but maybe devoted few followers will do.  (Seriously though... If you have it written in the sky send me the pic or something.) /end wall of text

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a worthy goal, babe! Way to get out there and push yourself!

    ReplyDelete